SCRAP’s workshop is now the Education Annex! Located across the street from the SCRAP store in the Standard Dairy building (2808 NE MLK Jr. Blvd. Suite J), the Education Annex is nearly 1000 square feet of amazing space, perfect for creating and learning about reuse.
World Environment Day free workshop - June 5
Come celebrate World Environment Day at SCRAP! We will be hosting a free workshop sewing scrap fabric pouches at the Education Annex during our regular Wednesday Crafternoon time. For ages 4 and up only; under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Advance registration is required; maximum 30 participants. (Please note: This workshop is being held in lieu of Wednesday Crafternoon.) Register online now!
You’re invited to join us for Wednesday Crafternoons! Our Education Annex workshop is open to the public for free every Wednesday from 3-5 pm. Drop in to use our workspace and tools for crafting by yourself, with a friend, or with a small group. Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Please also plan to purchase your materials and other tools in advance. (View a map to the Annex)
Note: There will be no Wednesday Crafternoon on June 19, 26, and July 10, 17 and 24 due to Camp SCRAP. Please call ahead or check our calendar of events for any changes.
Rental and availability
Groups may rent our workshop for group activities, meetings, clubs, and other general purposes. Group leaders are required to meet with SCRAP staff prior to the rental date for an orientation and to sign an agreement. Groups will be unsupervised during workshop rental time but are required to retrieve keys for the workshop from the SCRAP store and return it following the rental.
- Capacity: 35 people
- Cost: $60 for school/nonprofit groups; $75 for private groups for two hours. (Groups who commit to renting the space at least three times in a 12 month period will receive a $10 discount per rental.)
- Availability: Workshop rentals are available seven days a week, from 10:30 am to 5:30 pm. Check our events calendar to see when it may be reserved for other groups.
- Other information: Groups may use our public workshop tools (indicated during orientation) during their time in the space. If your group wants to purchase additional materials from the SCRAP store, it would be best to plan your shopping trip before your time in the workshop space begins. No alcohol is allowed on the premises.
The Education Annex is equipped with the following tools for your use:
- Paper cutters
- Die-cutting machine
- Rubber stamps
- Crafty hole punches
- Stencils and rulers
- Regular and crafty scissors
- Markers, pencils, and pens
- Hammers and other adult tools
- Sewing machines
- Comb binding machine
- Paint trays and paint brushes
SCRAP|2915 NE Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.|Portland, OR 97212|503-294-0769