SCRAP presents Junk to Funk Trashion Camp
Is there an emerging 12-18-year-old Trashionista or Reuse Baron in your midst? Have you ever found them: Watching reruns of “Project Runway”‘s recycled fashion challenge? Digging for inspiration in your recycling bins instead of their homework? Accessorizing with items you were sure really did belong in the trash?
How would you like to inspire them with a memorable and engaging creative summer experience taught by some of the most innovative reusers around town? We thought you might.
SCRAP is proud to present Junk to Funk Trashion Camp for one week this summer. Each teen participant designs and creates haute couture with cast-offs and SCRAP materials, culminating in a trashion show for family and friends at the end of the week. Find out more about our amazing camp counselor: Jen LaMastra, wearable art sculptor.
- Dates: August 12-16, 2013
- Time: 9 am to 3:30 pm
- Tuition: $325, SCRAP members: $300
- Complete the registration form online or in the SCRAP store.
- Submit payment online or in the SCRAP store. A minimum $100 deposit is required at the time of registration, or you may pay the full tuition cost.
- Download and complete the liability release statement and bring to camp on your first day.
SCRAP|2915 NE Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.|Portland, OR 97212|503-294-0769