Fill Minds Not Landfills
Did you know that over 75 percent of Portland’s waste comes from businesses? SCRAP developed Fill Minds Not Landfills (FMNL) to help Portland-area businesses easily, effectively and significantly divert waste from landfills, while inspiring creative reuse in our community. Fill Minds Not Landfills diverted over 24 tons of material from the waste stream in 2012, and continues to educate local businesses and manufacturers on more sustainable waste reduction.
How it works:
- SCRAP provides on-site donation containers to participating businesses and organizations for a nominal fee. Donations are tax-deductible. See a complete list of items we accept and items we don’t accept.
- Please note: Currently, we are not charging pickup fees.
- When a business requests it, SCRAP will schedule a one-time pickup in Vannie, our creative reuse cargo van, or set up a regular pickup schedule. If your business would prefer to drop off a donation, please call the store at 503-294-0769 x1 to schedule an appointment if it is more than three banker boxes.
- Please note: We are currently scheduling pickups 2-3 weeks out due to our high volume of donations.
- Materials are sorted, priced, and sold for a low price at the SCRAP store to fuel arts and crafts projects. All income goes back into SCRAP’s programs.
How your business benefits:
- All donations to SCRAP are 100% tax deductible
- Reduces waste hauling costs
- As more businesses “go green,” your participation in FMNL positions you as a leader in environmentally sustainable business behavior
- Creates more usable space in your company
- Shows a commitment to the community and the arts
- Directly supports SCRAP’s dedication to inspiring creative reuse and offering educational programs about environmental sustainability
- Your business may be featured on SCRAP’s website or at SCRAP’s Creative Reuse Center
Fill Minds Not Landfills is made possible through generous donations by:
SCRAP|2915 NE Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.|Portland, OR 97212|503-294-0769