Fill Minds Not Landfills
Did you know that businesses in the Portland metropolitan area account for nearly half of the materials sent to local landfills? And though many of them already recycle, businesses in an average year still throw away more than 100,000 tons of recyclable paper, cardboard and containers?
SCRAP developed Fill Minds Not Landfills (FMNL) to help Portland-area businesses easily, effectively and significantly divert waste from landfills, while inspiring creative reuse in our community. Fill Minds Not Landfills diverted over 24 tons of material from the waste stream in 2012, and continues to educate local businesses and manufacturers on more sustainable waste reduction.
How it works:
- Asses the items that your business no longer has use for but does not want to simply throw away.
- Review the complete list of ‘items we accept’ and ‘items we don’t accept’ that SCRAP provides.
- Schedule a one-time or regular pickup with Vannie, our creative-reuse cargo van! If your business would prefer to drop-off a donation, please call the store at 503-294-0769 x1 to schedule an appointment if it is more than three banker boxes.
- Materials are then sorted, priced, and sold for a low price at the SCRAP store to fuel arts and crafts projects. All income goes back into SCRAP’s programs.
Your business’ participation with SCRAP and the FMNL program:
- Positions you as a leader in environmentally sustainable behavior in the community
- Reduces the costs of hauling waste
- Creates more usable space in your company
- Shows a commitment to the community and the arts
- Allows you to participate in the creative reuse movement
- Supports SCRAP’s educational programs
- Inspires unbridled imagination in our unique community
- You may also be featured on SCRAP’s website and/or blog!
SCRAP|2915 NE Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.|Portland, OR 97212|503-294-0769