SCRAPpy birthday to you!
Parties at SCRAP are a unique and fun way to celebrate a birthday or any special occasion. All parties include a creative reuse project led by our knowledgeable and artsy staff and exclusive use of our well-stocked Education Annex workshop (2808 NE MLK Jr. Blvd., Unit J) for two hours.
- SCRAP parties are for 10 guests, ages six and older (can add up to three additional guests, see below)
- Parties are currently available on most Sundays at 11 am and 2 pm (Check our calendar for available party times!)
- Must be scheduled at least two weeks in advance
- All parties require a $50 deposit upon confirmation of party date. Deposits are refundable with 14 days notice. The deposit is non-refundable for cancellations less than 14 days before the scheduled party date.
- Complete the birthday party planning form below to begin the reservation process. See craft projects, FAQs, sample schedule, and party guidelines below.
- Pictured above is SCRAP’s Education Annex, where our parties are held. If you would like to see the space before planning your party, visit us during Wednesday Crafternoons.
Basic Party - $125
Includes: Party host, setup and cleanup by the host, short introductory craft activity, facilitated creative reuse project, and two hours in our festive workshop room! You may order individual party add-ons from the list below.
The Works! Party - $200 (Save $ with this option!)
Includes: Everything listed above, as well as goodie bags, party hats and photo booth! (See descriptions below.)
Goodie Bags - $3 each
A bag for each guest, chock-full of fun and silly materials to keep you creating after the party.
Festive Party Hats - $3 each
Reusable felt party hats add to the fun—all made from reused materials!
SCRAP Photo Booth - $2 per guest
Partygoers can have fun dressing up with SCRAPpy costumes and props, and take a group photo in front of our birthday backdrop. We provide the memories, you provide the camera!
- Each additional guest for basic parties costs $5 each.
- Each additional guest for The Works! parties costs $10 each.
- Parents are not included in guest count. We require a minimum 1:5 parent to child ratio and a maximum ratio of 1:1.
- Download complete party guidelines and a sample schedule.
- Additional questions? Read our helpful FAQs.
- Download a sample invitation you can use to invite your guests.
Craft Project Options
All our craft projects are appropriate for ages 6 and up.
Build a scene in a small box from paper, plastic and other small materials.
Shrinky dinks with reused plastic
Use #6 plastic to create small keychains, jewelry, or do-dads.
Create and embellish a masquerade mask from cardboard or other SCRAP materials.
Make a collage image with paper goodies and other lightweight materials.
Sewing a pillow or small pouch
Hand-stitch a small pillow or pouch with a button closure.
Sewing a small stuffed animal
Create your own stuffed animals with fabric and easy hand-stitching techniques.
Build a sculpture with SCRAP materials, including animals, robots, or funny people.
Making custom stamps
Make your own stamp using craft foam and wood.
SCRAP|2915 NE Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.|Portland, OR 97212|503-294-0769